Social Media Optimization is essentially using social media as a catalyst to grow your company’s online presence. Where some companies tend to just set up a profile on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to be where their customers are, SMO is about strategically creating, building and maximizing your social media plan to connect with your target audience. SMO allows you to:
- Strengthen your brand
- Generate leads
- Get more visibility online
- Connect with your audience
Why SMO Is Important
The lines between social media marketing and search engine marketing are becoming increasingly blurred. In the past, the two were looked at as separate and distinct aspects of marketing. But the reality is that they’re more intertwined than you might think.
While getting 1,000 Tweets on an article won’t magically boost your rankings on Google, social media marketing and SEO are both stronger together.
1. Optimize Your Strategy
A lack of social media strategy has been a roadblock for companies for a while now. Partly because it’s still fairly new, and also because social media is always changing. Twenty-eight percent of brands feel that a lack of strategy is the top barrier keeping them from becoming a social business.
A Social Media Optimization strategy should focus on growing your presence and achieving measurable results. This post outlines how to setup your strategy in seven steps:
- Ensure Your Social Goals Solve Challenges
- Extend Efforts Throughout Your Organization
- Focus on Networks That Add Value
- Create Engaging Content
- Identify Business Opportunities Through Social
- Engage Instead of Ignore
- Track, Improve and Market Your Efforts
When you have a documented strategy in place, youo measure where you stand and make improvements wherever necessary.
2. Do Keyword Research
One of the core competencies for SEOs is the ability to do keyword research. Keyword research is all about identifying the phrases and topics your target audience is searching for, so you can create relevant content for them. The same thing applies for social media optimization.
You need to know what topics, hashtags and keywords your target audience uses so you can share content that’s relevant to their interests.
3. Optimize Your Profiles
For SEO, optimizing your website is crucial. The content on every page helps search engines understand what your website is about. So when people are searching for topics relevant to your site, search engines know to recommend your content. Social media optimization is very similar. But instead of optimizing your website, you need to optimize your profile.
Creating your profile seems like a pretty simple task, yet it’s one of the first areas of SMO where businesses fall short. Think of your company’s profile page as your foundation.
- Profile photo: Your profile photo should be your company logo. You can use a head shot of yourself if you’re a freelancer, consultant or personality.
- Username: Use your company name. Social media username availability is starting to become a big factor for brands when they’re choosing a business name. Using your brand name makes it easier for customers to find you when they’re searching for your profiles on social.
- Bio: Clearly state what your company does. If possible, place a trackable link back to your website within your bio to drive more traffic. Using relevant keywords in your bio will also give your page more visibility in search.
4. Optimize Your Content
You’ve probably heard the saying, “Content Is King” when it comes to SEO. Well the same thing is true when we’re talking about SMO. Content drives social media. You can’t succeed with social media marketing without sharing quality content.
There are two types of content that you can publish on social media:
- Original content
- Curated content
Ideally, your strategy should have a mix of both.
5. Optimize Your Posting Schedule
The time you post is just as important as what you post. What’s the point in sharing an amazing photo on Instagram if nobody sees it? Here are some tips to optimize your social media posting schedule.
At First Point Creations, we have great expertise in the area of social media. We use a wide array of different strategies across several mediums and we can help firms develop the strategies that will be best for them. This way, your firm can maximise its reach to your target market.
If you are looking for a trusted SMO Company in Delhi, Digital Marketing Agency in India & Social Media Optimization Company in Delhi to enhance your social presence including that of Instagram, Please feel free to call us +91 987-16-888-00 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be more than happy to assist!